Dan Fessler’s HD Index Painting Technique let’s you paint pixel art in Photoshop in a non-destructive manner, and lets you use pretty much every tool in a perfectly pixel-gradient fashion!
The article gives you everything you need to try it out for yourself.It’s easy to set up and use, and the results are so fucking cool.
pixel artists everywhere dying just so they can roll in their graves
I put some posters up on Red Bubble since a bunch of people asked where they could buy some stuff as prints.
I’ll add more stuff once I get an idea of what you guys might like, plus new stuff.
It’s here! I furshadowed it with that screenshot yesterday, and now I’m ready to reveal it after keeping it secret for so long.
This isn’t just a Plok fan game, it’s a crossover! With Bubsy!
Full voice acting. I personally voiced both Plok and Bubsy, so you’ll be able to hear all their famous catchphrases as you play, from Plok’s “I’ve been diddled again!” to Bubsy’s “What could possibly go wrong?”
Hi-definition polygonal graphics. I brung both the worlds of Polyesta and Rayon into the modern 3D world. Note that because Bubsy’s levels are easier to develop, you’ll be seeing a lot more of them.
Platforms. What would a PLATFORM game be without PLATFORMS?
And I promise that unlike Arcane Kids and their Bubsy sequel in Unity 3D, I will treat Bubsy with exactly the respect he deserves. He was the coolest cat on any cartridge, better than Sonic, Mario and dare I say even Plok himself, and I hold no ill will towards him for hurting sales of Plok. He deserves a sixth chance at a great game, and I’m gonna give it to him.
Unfortunately, it’s not quite ready to be released yet. I still need to record more purrfect catchphrases for Bubsy. But I am well on the way to unleashing this upon the world, and I hope the results are cataclysmic.
Plok belongs John and Ste Pickfurred, and Bubsy belongs to Accolade and Michael Purrlyn. I do not own either IP.
New builds (Win/Mac/Linux) are up, here’s the changelog:
- Added Boss Rush
- Radioactive zone final boss has been redone
- Terror Fortress now has green bullets, lasers and mortars
- HUD now has a boss health bar
- Enemies have more varied models/textures
- Many enemies now have glowing health indicators
- Background objects now move more
- Planets now have an atmosphere effect
- Camera tweaks
- UI Improvements
- UI now works with a controller
- Blaster bolts now look better
- Improvements to how fire damage works
- Balance tweaks
- Can now stockpile coolant
- Minor performance optimizations
- Fixed a bug that made background planets occasionally turn black for a single frame
- Missiles get stuck on things less
- Added photon ammo to chaingun, autocannon, railgun, flak cannon, howitzer, scattergun and missiles. It makes projectiles really fast.
some progress gifs
It is time.
Time for /agdg/’s Recap Monday (wednesday edition)!
Today (two days ago), we have 59 fine looking games for you to check out. Included are links to most developers websites too.
So what will you do?
No sorcererobe, stop smashing your face into the wall, stop.